Tuesday 31 May 2011

After The Holiday...

Literally, because yesterday, as the grey sky, incessant rain and numbing traffic would confirm, was a public holiday. Today, sun busting the flags, is not. A longer holiday has ended, however because this is the day I put the green eyeshade on, sharpen the pencils, and begin work on the second book in The Afternet series. Sales continue to dribble along, reviewers continue to effuse, so in anticipation of the spike to come it seems appropriate to kick on with the long awaited etc etc.
Coincidentally, the daughter has nearly finished her exams, so perhaps the diminishing levels of angst in the house will help to find the necessary humour. I have applied to FIFA for the opportunity to host the world cup in my back yard should Qatar prove a) too hot, which clearly they hadn't thought about, or b) to have 'bought' the event, to quote FIFA officials. I'll do it for steady sales of my book in the CONCACAF region and some of those handbags for my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment